Monday, March 31, 2008

Mt. Fuji Climb Update


The Mt. Fuji Climb is set for July 17 & 18 with American guides. We will go by bus up to the 10th Station, then climb for a while, then attempt to sleep on a mat in a hut with about 50 other people, then get up in the middle of the night to finish the climb so that we are on the top at sunrise, then take photos with the Texas flag, then go back down, then catch the bus back to Tokyo. The guide is actually the brother of a pilot from Colorado who has just been hired by the Japanese.... I have already told him that I am a very slow climber. He said, "No problem." I hope those are not the famous last words. Just in case, I will be bringing my SCENAR (Ukranian Star Trek Healing Device) to care for my joints along the way.

For climb details, go to the following website...

http://www.fujimountainguides.com/cgi-bin/FMG?Page_Factory=2day&extend=schedulequick

No comments: