Friday, March 21, 2008

Paying those pesky bills - You know how your mother said "Never send cash in the mail?"

No Checks !

No Credit Cards !

When my rent is due, I go to my bank and make a cash wire transfer into the account of my landlord....

When my gas/electric/water is due, I go to the AM PM convenience store and pay in cold hard cash....

To make other payments, I go to the Post Office, put my cash in a "special" envelope that has some origami type folds that are glued shut and initialed by me. It's then tossed into the pile with all the other "special" cash envelopes - wow, piles and piles of cash and everybody knows which envelope you've put it in ...

When shopping or eating out - often no credit cards or checks - ATM machines everywhere but many times they don't seem to take American cards - that's because you are probably trying to insert the card as shown by the illustration on the machine. Just insert the card in as many possible directions imaginable - sometimes that does it...

No comments: