Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mt. Fuji Climb Update

The Mt. Fuji climb date is fast approaching....July 17 & 18

There will be a total of four(4)climbers representing the TexZen Blogsite. They are as follows:

Patty, my college room-mate, from Seattle, Wa. Patty is the only experienced climber in the group. She climbed Mt. Ranier about 30 years ago....she ought to know better.

Anne from Houston, Tx. Anne is a former neighbor. She was a nurse 30 years ago. We hope she will not need to bind our wounds. Anne has four kids and is therefore calm in all situations.

Audrey, another neighbor, from Austin, Tx...formerly from Chicago and first generation Lithuanian-American...we are trying to be politically correct and allow someone without a Texas accent to climb with us. Audrey will be providing the Texas flag for the photo shoot.

Barbara, the TexZen blogger...I hope my name is not mud when this is all over with.....I'm in charge of logistics and peanut butter sandwiches. I plan on bringing up the rear.

We will be leaving on a bus from Shinjuku Station...one of the busiest and wildest intersections in the world. This whole Fuji-san things is obviously some sort of mid-life crisis - I think my kids were hoping I would buy a red sports car instead.

No comments: